[Xen-users] More memory questions

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] More memory questions
From: Kenneth Power <telcor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:53:12 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:53:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Following the advice from others, I attempted to use the xm balloon
command to increase the memory available to Domain-0. However, each
time I execute xm list or free -m the old amount is displayed.
Checking the logs (xend.log & xend-debug.log) showed nothing about the
memory request. Any ideas why this is not working? Am I missing
something or doing something incorrectly? To help here are the machine
specs. please, no laughing ;)

Xen: 2.0.5
Linux Kernel: 2.6.10
CPU: P2-350
Physical Ram: 192 MiB
Allocated to Domain-0: 64 MiB
Allocated to Domain-1: 64 MiB
Xen command: xm balloon Domain-0 92
Display from xm list:
# xm list
Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU  State  Time(s)  Console
Domain-0           0       59           0  r----     104995.4

The same display is shown before and after the balloon command. Is it
possible this hardware (a test machine) is simply too old to work
correctly?

Kenneth Power