Re: [Xen-users] Devices not available in domain

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Devices not available in domain
From: Gisbert Amm <gia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:31:07 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:32:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rich Persaud wrote:
Gisbert Amm wrote:

Argh, I now understand what I did wrong: I created a file with dd, connected it with a loopback device using losetup, mounted it and populated the filesystem copying the necessary parts of my existing installation into it. However, I missed the preserve option when doing cp! Therefore the permissions e.g. for /dev/null where wrong. I should have done cp -p ...

cd /mnt/newrootfs
(cd /mnt/oldrootfs; tar cf - dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4) | tar xf -

Thanks!