Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual File System in XEN

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 14:03 +0100, Nupur Ghatnekar wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Ian Campbell
> <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         Is this the same "virtfs" as is documented here
>         http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/9psetup ? It certainly
>         appears to be the same thing (the authors of the paper include
>         a qemu maintainer).

> Yes, it is the same thing.
> Implemented in KVM. We are trying to do so in XEN.

I think it is actually implemented using virtio rather than as part of
KVM, isn't it? For example I think it works for stand qemu guests, not
just KVM. In which case building upon the virtio-on-xen GSoC project, as
I initially suggested, seems like a better idea than actually porting it
to Xen.

Ian.