[Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 ACPI S3 patches

To: Adi Kriegisch <kriegisch@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 ACPI S3 patches
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:28:54 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Adi Kriegisch <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:30:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Excellent. Is it OK if I put 'Tested-by: Adi Kriegish" on them?
> Sure, go ahead! ;-)
> Update: No, the system just crashed while writing this mail after about 4 days
> of uptime with many suspend-resume cycles in between... *sigh* :-(

Hmmm.. I wonder if you are hitting the writecombine issue I've seen sometimes.
Just to eliminate it, can you try 'nopat' on the Linux command line?
..
> > Ok, any other data? Stack trace?
> Yes. I will send them in a second mail... I hope I can find all relevant
> information.

<nods>
> > You know, I don't know. I just never thought about that - um. I wonder
> > if it is related to the RTC update patch that I've been meaning
> > to take a look at:
> >
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-02/msg00469.html
> Sounds like it could be related. Shall I apply that patch? If so, which
> hook takes care that the function is called?

It kind of automatically hooks up. If you can apply it cleanly - sure. But it
might not apply cleanly :-(