RE: [Xen-devel] "right" way to gather domU stats in xen 3 & 4?

> Any comment about tmem / baloon would still be great... why doesn't
> anyone jump when our coolest features are mentioned? :)
> I think it's important to make them visible to the general users...

Hi Florian --

Tmem has no value without guest kernel changes and getting those
changes (even though very small) into the Linux kernel has proven
to be a very long frustrating experience, which I hope will
finally come to fruition soon.  Once in the upstream kernel,
distro domUs will still need to merge and enable these changes.

A couple of key things to plan for in your management tools:
1) Don't assume that the amount of memory used by a guest is
   fixed and/or only under the control of your tools.
2) When tmem is in use, make sure you understand the difference
   between "free memory" and "freeable memory".

Dan