[Xen-devel] Recent xl and network-route scripts

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Recent xl and network-route scripts
From: "W. Michael Petullo" <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:13:31 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:27:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been testing recent Xen 4.1 release candidates, and it seems that
"xl" does not want to play nicely with the vif-route script.

First, the udev subsystem executes vif-setup after Xen creates the
vif device. For some reason, this script does not have $script defined
and so it defaults to running vif-bridge (even though xend-config.sxp
specifies vif-route). Once I changed vif-setup by hand to run vif-route
things went further. I'm not entirely sure how $script is supposed to
be set, but it worked fine with xm.

Next, vif-route does not pick up $ip from my domain configuration's
"vif = [ 'ip=w.x.y.z' ]." When using xm, vif-route finds $ip set and
creates a route based on its value.

I have most recently tested this with Xen 4.1.0 RC4.

--
Mike

:wq