Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 01:38 +0000, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Dan Magenheimer
> <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Wait... I just realized... this means that there is NO backwards
> > compatibility of domU config files between 4.0 and 4.1?  EVERY
> > vm.cfg file MUST be changed when upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1?
> >
> > If this is true, /me raises a red flag on 4.1.
> >

> There is almost full compatibility, with the exception of being able
> to have arbitrary python code embedded. Most should work directly.
> Name the bridge the same as before and it is likely to completely work
> with most built to work with Xen 4.0
>
> I'll be sure to clarify that a bit on the wiki page.

Since it is one of the biggest changes it might be worth embedding a
simple example (i.e. the most basic possible) of the network
configuration required for each of the distro types, as well as
referencing the distro documentation.

A hint as to what bridge name(s) to prefer for best xend compatibility
would also be useful.

Ian.