Re: [Xen-devel] [memory sharing] bug on get_page_and_type

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [memory sharing] bug on get_page_and_type
From: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:07:30 +0000
Cc: tinnycloud <tinnycloud@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "juihaochiang@xxxxxxxxx" <juihaochiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 06:08:17 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 10:49 +0000 on 31 Jan (1296470977), George Dunlap wrote:
> Xiaoyun,
>
> Thanks for all of your work getting page sharing working.  When
> submitting patches, please break them down into individual chunks,
> each of which does one thing.  Each patch should also include a
> comment saying what the patch does and why, and a Signed-off-by line
> indicating that you certify that the copyright holder (possibly you)
> is placing the code under the GPL.

Also: we don't usually take patches against the testing tree; you should
rebase them against xen-unstable and when they have been applied there
you can ask for them to be backported to xen 4.0-testing.  (Otherwise
all the bugs would re-appear in 4.1!)  Some of the changes you sent here
have already been applied to xen-unstable.

I haven't read the patches in detail but they need a bit of tidying up -
e.g. you add some commented-out code.  Please clean them up before
resubmitting.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team