Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [libvirt] [RFC] libxenlight driver

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 17:02 +0000, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 16:44 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >
> >> On a related note, where does  XenAPI fit into this picture ?
> >> Previously XenD would provide (at least some of) the XenAPI
> >> functionality in the open source stack, while I understand
> >> that the XenEnterprise had a separate impl of XenAPI. It
> >> sounds like XenAPI is likely only relevant for XenEnterprise
> >> connectivity in the future.
> >>

> > The xapi toolstack which implements XenAPI is now open source as well
> > and is used in XCP (as well as XenServer).
> >

> But there is no intent on putting this toolstack in the traditional Xen
> releases from xen.org correct?

Although XCP and xapi are themselves xen.org projects they are
maintained and released separately.

The intention is that in the future xapi will use libxl too, but still
as an external consumer not part of the main xen hg repository.

The xcp and xapi folks hang out on the xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list.

Ian.