Re: [Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, M A Young wrote:

My next theory is that the issue is that the system is an alignment issue. The NODE DATA is put in the range 00000000df659800 to 00000000df66d7ff (the top end of the second "usable" chunk) and the problem come when it tries to write to the final 2K piece (00000000df66d000 to 00000000df66d800 - 00000000df66d000 occurs on the stack) which hasn't been initialized properly because it isn't a 4K piece.
Does this sound plausible?

Further experiments confirm that it is this 2K piece causing the problem - if I reserve the 2K chunk in the same was that NODE DATA is reserved (though without zeroing it) the system boots, if I reduce this to reserving only 1K then it doesn't.

        Michael Young