Re: [Xen-devel] Xen dom0 crash: "d0:v0: unhandled page fault (ec=0000)"

To: Gianni Tedesco <gianni.tedesco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen dom0 crash: "d0:v0: unhandled page fault (ec=0000)"
From: Andreas Kinzler <ml-xen-devel@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:31:15 +0200
Cc: "Alan J. Wylie" <NDA5OWUy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, sven <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:32:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19.10.2010 17:45, Gianni Tedesco wrote:
ditto, I suspected a known bug in my gcc version which broke xchg
because when I compiled with -O2 instead of -Os... the problem went away
but then something else bad happened later (I forget the details, and it
was too many config tweaks ago to get back to last time I had it working
that well)

Jeremy, one user earlier reported that he found out that for him there seems to be a relation between kernel size and crash status. He just added/removed some options that could never influence the "crash status" (like adding/removing netfilter modules). With all the experiences here, is may be useful to check for code paths related to kernel size.

Regards Andreas