[Xen-devel] devel/merge.2.6.35-rc3 [WAS: [GIT PULL] pv/pcifront-2.6.32 +

To: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] devel/merge.2.6.35-rc3 [WAS: [GIT PULL] pv/pcifront-2.6.32 + pv/pciback-2.6.32 = [INTx/MSI/MSI-X work now]]
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:45:21 -0400
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:46:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:43:36AM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Is your xen-swiotlb  work also going to be merged with this?

So, I never got to answer this. The answer is: eventually. When
we get to stabilizing 2.6.34 to work as Dom0, we will be definitely using
that.

> Guess i will wait for this one to get merged by Jeremy to test and replace my
> dom0 and domU kernels.

For the DomU, if you feel adventurous, I've just updated two branches
with the latest Xen PCI frontend driver:

 pv/merge.2.6.34
 devel/merge.2.6.35-rc3

The 2.6.35-rc-3 contains the latest of the swiotlb, xen-swiotlb, xen
pcifront, etc. Lots of cleanup, merging of patches, etc. to make it
nicer for Linux Kernel Mailing List (LKML).

The outstanding bugs are:
 - pvgrub isn't working well. If you specify 'iommu=soft' pvgrub breaks.
 - the xen tools nor the xen pci front specify an PCI region, hence your
   guess is limited to 3GB so that you have a memory region below 4GB
   for 32bit guest devices.

> Is there anything you need to be tested upfront ?

Oh man, I like that. If you feel you have the time, booting the DomU
kernel with any hardware would be appreciated. And try to do funky
stuff. I don't think I've completely hardened the driver.