Re: [Xen-devel] [xl] a fault happens on pv domain reboot

To: Sergey Tovpeko <tsv.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [xl] a fault happens on pv domain reboot
From: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 17:05:23 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:37:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Sergey Tovpeko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After doing reboot from the pv domain, the domain finishes his work.
> xl destroys it, but then cann't create the new one. It seems a sort of
> race happens here between domain destroying and creation, but i'm not sure.
>
> /var/log/xen/xl-debian-pv.log shows this:
>

> Waiting for domain debian-pv (domid 6) to die [pid 5219]
> Domain 6 is dead
> Domain 6 needs to be clean: destroying the domain
> Done. Rebooting now
> libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:389:userdata_path unable to find domain info
> for domain 7: Resource temporarily unavailable
> cannot save config file: Resource temporarily unavailable
> libxl: error: libxl.c:747:libxl_domain_destroy xc_domain_pause failed for 7
>
> I use the latest xen-unstable.hg.

That means that xc_domain_getinfolist failed with EAGAIN, the reason
seems to be that mlock can actually failed with EAGAIN but we don't do
anything about it in libxc.
If mlock returns EAGAIN we should make sure that the pages are actually
available in RAM and try again.