Re: [Xen-devel] PV on HVM

To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PV on HVM
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:47:11 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:48:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 05/10/2010 01:40 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 05/10/2010 07:20 AM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> this is the updated version of the PV on HVM series: many bugs have been
>> fixed and VIRQ_TIMER support has been added.
>> In order to be able to use VIRQ_TIMER and to improve performances you
>> need two other patches to Xen to implement the vector callback mechanism
>> for event channel delivery and to export some time related hypercalls to
>> HVM guests too.
>>
>> This series is based on a standard 2.6.32 tree, a git tree is also
>> available here:
>>
>> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git
>>
>> branch name 2.6.32-pvhvm.
>>

> I'm confused.  These patches don't seem to correspond with that branch.
> Are these the same as the branch but rearranged, or something else?

I see, it looks like the condensed version of the branch.  I really
prefer you'd keep the patches incremental: its much easier to review the
incremental changes rather than folding updates into the
already-reviewed base patches.  Folding down is a late-stage process for
submission, and not something that should be done prematurely.