[Xen-devel] Trouble with cryptsetup

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Trouble with cryptsetup
From: "Nazar 'Anesth'" <anesth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:47:05 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 May 2010 06:42:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there rocking Xen.

When I'm trying to boot xen 4.0.0 with latest 2.6.32.10-pvops dom0 kernel
(i686+PAE) on LUKS-enabled system, cryptsetup utility doesn't work if running
from init (for root fs) or rc.d scripts:

device-mapper: resume ioctl failed: No such device or address
device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: No such device or address
Failed to revert device creation
Failed to setup dm-crypt key mapping for device /dev/sdb1
Check that kernel supports aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher (check syslog for more
info)
Failed to read from key storage

And root device cannot be opened. When escape to initrd's rescue shell and run
cryptsetup by hands, result is exactly the same. But if I run cryptsetup
with --debug, it opens all the encrypted devices.

I have all neccessary for LUKS options compiled statically into the kernel,
especially, the dm-mod, dm-crypt, aes-cbc-essiv, sha256 and so on. Regular
kernel with this config (attached) or xen-capable kernel from my distro
(2.6.32-r1 from gentoo portage) are working ok. But, unfortunately, I can't
use gentoo xen kernel due to broken KMS.

Help me please!

--
wbr, @nesth, JID:anesth@xxxxxxxxx, ICQ:230121758
0x37EE2048, fingerprint: 400D 5B44 ACD8 838B 4D3B A11C 95BE 77A9 37EE 2048