Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidate for Xen 3.4.3

To: "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidate for Xen 3.4.3
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:11:12 +0100
Cc: Ian, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:12:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 22/04/2010 21:50, "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You are building from the wrong qemu repository. Probably you are trying to
>> build from qemu-xen-unstable.git rather than qemu-xen-3.4-testing.git -- do
>> you perhaps override CONFIG_QEMU in your environment, or something like
>> that.
>
> Just checked, there's no CONFIG_QEMU in my environment.
>
>> However I do note that the tag xen-3.4.3-rc5 that I was promised in the
>> qemu-xen-3.4-testing.git repo does appear to be missing. Ian?
>
> Sounds like this could be the culprit.  I'll await word on this and
> try testing again.

Um, yes, I can see the rc5 tag now but the qemu tree just seems broken.
Looks like a bad merge maybe. There's a changeset dated from back in October
allegedly which references vcpu_ioreq which has never been part of the Xen
3.4 interfaces.

Ian will have to sort it and then I guess we will have to do a 3.4.3-rc6.

 Thanks,
 Keir