Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidate for Xen 3.4.3

To: "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidate for Xen 3.4.3
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:34:28 +0100
Cc: Ian, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:46:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 22/04/2010 21:24, "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I hope that this will be the final RC before the 3.4.3 release. Please test!
>
> I'm getting a build error with this RC.  I simply did a "make world"
> after cloning the repository and end up with the resulting error while
> building tools/ioemu-remote/i386-dm:
>
> helper2.c: In function ?cpu_x86_init¹:
> helper2.c:150: error: ?shared_iopage_t¹ has no member named ?vcpu_ioreq¹

You are building from the wrong qemu repository. Probably you are trying to
build from qemu-xen-unstable.git rather than qemu-xen-3.4-testing.git -- do
you perhaps override CONFIG_QEMU in your environment, or something like
that.

However I do note that the tag xen-3.4.3-rc5 that I was promised in the
qemu-xen-3.4-testing.git repo does appear to be missing. Ian?

 -- Keir