[Xen-devel] RE: Adding ARM as a supported architecture

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Hadley <Kathy.Hadley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Adding ARM as a supported architecture
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:12:49 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:13:23 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Are there any plans or opinions regarding adding ARM as an additional
> target architecture supported in the mainline Xen tree?  I am aware of the
> "Xen ARM" and "Embedded Xen" projects, and they appear to be offshoots of
> the mainline Xen tree.

Having ARM as a "first class" architecture for Xen would certainly be nice.

It's a case of getting the ARM port caught up with mainline development, and
then keeping it there, which requires quite a resource commitment from the ARM
developers, though there are also plenty of benefits of being mainstream.  It's
a topic I imagine is going to come up at the developer summit in Santa Clara
next week...

UPDATE: Sang-bum Suh from Samsung is going to present the latest information on
the Xen ARM project at Xen Summit on Wed.

...spector