Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Panic on boot on Sun Blade 6270

>>> Dan Gora <dan.gora@xxxxxxxxx> 12.03.10 18:37 >>>
>so it should use the new hypervisor (xen-3.4.3-rc4-pre.gz) but the
>original SLES 11 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.27.19-5-xen.dan ( the stock
>kernel with a couple of printks thrown in).
>
>This boots to the kernel, but then it locks up the machine when it
>tries to bring the networking up:
>After about 5 minutes of sitting there it crashed:
>
>BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000008
>IP: [<ffffffff8020e9cb>] profile_pc+0x30/0x3d

I would have been tempted to analyze this (given that it may point
out a general problem with the SLE11 kernel) if this wasn't a kernel
that you built on your own and if this wasn't a really old one. I
would guess that it's not only a couple of added printk()-s, but also
a different .config that you're using. Namely (not having seen the
disassembly of your kernel's profile_pc()) I could easily imagine
this oops to be a result of you building with CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y.

Jan