[Xen-devel] pvops netconsole

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] pvops netconsole
From: Brad Plant <bplant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:15:07 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:15:34 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I tried asking this question on xen-users, but didn't get a response so I'm now
asking on xen-devel instead....

Is netconsole supposed to work under pvops? When I try to enable it I get the
messages below. I'm wondering if netconsole just doesn't work at all with pvops
or whether it's dependent on the NIC used by the dom0.

Initialising Xen virtual ethernet driver.
blkfront: xvda1: barriers enabled
netconsole: local port 11111
netconsole: local IP 10.20.40.2
netconsole: interface eth1
netconsole: remote port 9514
netconsole: remote IP 10.20.50.2
netconsole: remote ethernet address 00:16:3e:00:50:02
netconsole: eth1 doesn't support polling, aborting.
netconsole: cleaning up

Cheers,

Brad