RE: [Xen-devel] xenpm: opensolaris HVM domU stops getting timer interrup

To: Frank Van Der Linden <Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xenpm: opensolaris HVM domU stops getting timer interrupts when C3 used
From: "Wei, Gang" <gang.wei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:01:27 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:02:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Frank Van Der Linden wrote:
> I tested dom0, and time on dom0 is working just fine. This is the
> Solaris dom0, but that shouldn't matter in this case. Here is the xm
> dmesg output (plus the c debug key output), with dom0 having been up
> for
> a while, but no domUs had ever been run:

Can't see any problem from the serial output. Let's take a further step.
Attached patch is a __draft__ patch to collect statistics related with timer
interrupts & timer fns. Can you apply it, rebuild the xen hypervisor code, then
do "xm debug 9; sleep 20; xm debug 9; xm dmesg > xmdmesg.log" in both dom0 only
& 1 HVM cases. Let's have a look on the timer statistics first.

Jimmy