Re: [Xen-devel] xenpm: opensolaris HVM domU stops getting timer interrup

To: Frank Van Der Linden <Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xenpm: opensolaris HVM domU stops getting timer interrupts when C3 used
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:02:05 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:02:39 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 05/01/2010 20:55, "Frank Van Der Linden" <Frank.Vanderlinden@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I tried other HVM domains, such as Windows, and they don't seem to have
> the problem. But, they might be more "tickless" than OpenSolaris is.
>
> I haven't looked at the PM code much yet, and I haven't tried -unstable,
> but there don't seem to be any changes in -unstable that would fix this.
>
> Is this a known problem? Any hints for diagnosing the problem?

Perhaps CPUs are not being woken from C3 in a timely manner? Could check how
late timers are fired in timer_softirq_action(), perhaps printing largest
missed deadline every few seconds or soemthing like that.

 -- Keir