RE: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB system
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:35:50 -0800 (PST)
Cc: kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx, Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:37:46 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So I don't know what
> scrubbing would be going on during dom0's boot-time
> calibrations, on any
> version of Xen, actually.

Wasn't the async page scrubbing removed post 3.4.0?
(I think Mukesh's bug was seen on 3.4.0.)  I see
c/s 19886 in July 2009 is "Remove page-scrub lists
and async scrubbing"... if that patch were not
applied, would Mukesh's observed bug make more sense?

Thanks,
Dan