Re: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB

To: Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB system
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:02:55 +0000
Cc: Kurt Hackel <kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:03:24 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 18/12/2009 04:36, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The other fix I thought of was to change INITIAL_JIFFIES to something
> sooner.
>
> Would appreciate any help, I don't understand xen time management well.

This isn't really Xen time code, but unchanged Linux time code. I don't know
which tree you quoted the code from -- 2.6.18 has similar but not identical.
Anyway, I suggest try using the jiffy-comparison macros from
<linux/jiffies.h>: time_before(), time_after(), etc. These are designed to
work even when jiffies wraps. Feel free to send patch(es) for that, if you
test that out and it works okay.

 -- Keir