[Xen-devel] Question about vcpu_avail

To: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question about vcpu_avail
From: Michal Novotny <minovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:02:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:04:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I would like to ask about vcpu_avail variable in XendDomainInfo.py. Is that variable working and what is it used for ? I think it's a bitmask showing what VCPUs are used and what are not, am I correct? Also, I'm thinking of adding some variable of `maxvcpus` to define maximum number of vcpus for PV guests. This way we could define a config file like:

vcpus = 2
maxvcpus = 4

and by setting `xm vcpu-set {domain} {numberOfVCPUs}` we can set up to 4 vcpus. Current behavior is to set to 1 vcpu and back to 2 vcpus but never to cross the number defined in of vcpus. Now we could be able to allocate up to 4 vcpus to the guest and not just 2... What do you think about that idea?

Thanks,
Michal