Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug with pass-through hot-plug?

Hi Tom,

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 07:20:05AM +0200, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Just checked what u propsed, and it works.

I must confess that I am surprised. Good work :-)

> So, i'm pretty sure, that the problem is with the ASL code. I thought
> of an implementaion change of the ASL code, which will make it work:
> we will change it from:
> if ( slt == 0x1 )
> else if (slt == 0x2)
> else if (slt == 0x20)
> .,..
>
> to the following (just as an example):
> if ( slt < 0x10 )
> {
>     if (slt == 0x1)
> } else {
>     if ( slt == 0x11)
> }
>
> What do u think about this?

I think that could be a good attack. To be honest I haven't done
that much work with ASL, so I'm not sure how easy it would be
to implement anything more sophisticated than what you suggest.

The ASL code that you're hacking on was auto generated (off-line, by me)
(unless I'm mistaken). Auto generating the replacement is probably
a good idea. I can take a stab at that if you like, though time is
quite tight at the moment as I'm travelling and in meetings a lot,
so it might have to wait a week or so.