[Xen-devel] Re: graphics passthrough with VT-d

FYI, apparently I passed through the wrong usb bus, now with all USB controllers passed through I have keyboard and mouse in HVM domU. Knoppix still boots on secondary gfx cards (and even uses Compiz Fusion on 3D accelerated desktop), but I still can't get Windows to boot.

The STOP code is actually A5 (and not 5A as reported earlier) and indicates an ACPI error of the available PCI resources, MS KB says:

"STOP 0x000000A5"
(0x00000002, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4):
This error is defined as ACPI root PCI resource failure. To discover what current resources are being used by PCI devices, it must be able to query the CRS descriptor in the ACPI namespace. This error occurs because the BIOS lacks a pointer to the list, the list is empty, or contains errors/conflicts.

I haven't seen this before, so its most probably related to the passthrough and not so trivial as I initially assumed.

If I had keyboard access early in the bootup process I could press F7 to get the Standard-PC HAL (non-ACPI), but it seems the Bochs BIOS lacks USB HID support, so I only have the keyboard available when the OS is loading the drivers which is to late for Windows HAL selection...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
   Christian