Home Products Support Community News

[Xen-devel] Re: [pv_ops domU] - unable to handle kernel paging

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [pv_ops domU] - unable to handle kernel paging request / refresh_cpu_vm_stats / vmstat_update
From: "Christopher S. Aker" <caker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:16:24 -0400
Cc: xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:16:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Does this happen every time, sometimes or just once?

Completely reproducible, however I was wrong about the Xen version - it is 3.2.1-rc5. FWIW, I'm unable to reproduce this on a dev box running 3.4.1. I haven't tried any other Xen versions (we have many running).

Is it new with

Yes.  The last pv_ops kernel we ran was 2.6.29.

Are you using CONFIG_HIGHPTE?

# CONFIG_HIGHPTE is not set

What's the kernel config?

The top of the log appears to be missing.

Full log from another boot: http://p.linode.com/2868

Xen-devel mailing list