Re: [Xen-devel] XCI: can we get to the demo state?

Tim Moore wrote:
Hi Vincent,

I have not had a success with the 2.6.27 XCI kernel due to a number of issues
(I think with support for my hardware).

Intel Core i7 920 on Intel DX58SO (latest Intel BIOS)

Success with build.git after the dev team fixed..

XCI Kernel fails to boot: 2 reasons

Randomly stops and freezes after initialising the 1st core on the processor
(keyboard lockup / total machine lockup) have to hard reset to try again...

If it passes this point, kernel then continues to load all processor cores, and
upto SATA controller (AHCI Mode). The driver loads the disk sd(..) and then the
system reboots - no messages - I think just before initrc is started.

I have no RS232 on this board, so am waiting for a 1394 adapter for laptop before I can debug further...
Any pointers to getting further would help; I can't even get the point of
trying pass-through for vga!
are you able to boot with normal xen-unstable and the 2.6.27 ?

Did you try to tweak acpi or smp in your dom0 (or xen) command line ?
you can try to set nosmp, acpi=0, maxcpus=1 to see if it helps (see xen documentation for the xen equivalents).

--
Vincent