Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.30 dom0 Xen patches

To: "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>, "Boris Derzhavets" <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.30 dom0 Xen patches
From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:55:27 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 01:56:16 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx> 10.07.09 10:26 >>>
>Actually, manually setting  CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ=y in .config also allows
>to build working xenified 2.6.30.1 kernel for C2D & Q9550 CPUs .
>But, you've also criticize this action.

I didn't. All I said is that the build succeeding shouldn't depend on what value
you select here.

>If it's not a secret ,please, explain how to change dependency in 2.6.30
>patch properly ?

Quoting my earlier mail:

>> May I ask why you found the first and third ones to be necessary? Unless
>> it's because of the conditional in the loop right after the commen "Zap
>> stats across IRQ changes of use." in unbind_from_irq(), which I fixed a
>> few days ago, but didn't push out to our internal repo so far. (The fix
>> is to change the dependency from CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ to
>> CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS in the 2.6.30 patch.)

And there I meant *only* this one place, not a general replacement
everywhere in the patches (and in particular not in the .29 one).

If that isn't enough, you'll have to let me know what build issue you still
encounter.

Jan