[Xen-devel] xen.git branch reorg
I finally fixed the AHCI problem with xen-tip/next and pushed forward
with the long-threatened xen.git cleanup and reorg.
I've removed a pile of branches on
aside from some branches which contain some work which I need to look
over again and work out what to do with.
*PLEASE* tell me if I've accidentally deleted a branch with something
important, and I'll reinstate it.
All the changesets are still there in the repo, and if you have any
local branches referring to these branches then they'll stay around
indefinitely. The removal just means that the branches won't confuse
any newcomers, and it makes it clear that no further development is
going to happen on them.
The new branch structure is similar to the old one in overall layout.
There are two "merged" branches:
* xen-tip/master - will try to keep as a known-working branch, with
only tested changes
* xen-tip/next - current bleeding edge; should at least compile
My planned workflow is:
1. new development happens on topic branches
2. those changes are merged with xen-tip/next until they test OK
3. the changes are then merged onto master (either directly off next,
or cleanly re-merged)
4. upstream branches are merged with next and master like topic
branches; I'll avoid merging them into xen.git topic branches
unless its really necessary
I won't generally rebase any of the branches, though the "next" and
"master" are more likely to be rebased than the topic branches.
The current set of topic branches are:
o core Xen stuff; currently all upstream
o host S3 suspend/resume (untested, unmerged)
o apic changes
o backend devices
o essential dom0 changes
o drm/dri changes
o CPU microcode driver
o /proc/mtrr stuff
o general dom0 PCI/device access changes
o Xen swiotlb changes
Xen-devel mailing list