Re: [Xen-devel] HVM pvops failures (one more qemu-dm.strace obtained)

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM pvops failures (one more qemu-dm.strace obtained)
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:42:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:43:12 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1237387371; bh=WKqpf7Df1DJ03Tjl3nC+fdClZNZvgpdnf0G6+JXA+BQ=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=o202/m6mLm43Yskke208AhgLD17qoo7JPPcFGbO4bHvK2MQNLlvqvVweCFG+b4hKowsmo2hT3ZG1XH4I9yDyByyQMPNWQ1O3wSeP3jU5sMjJFujz29/+tOX8R2gIeJFTn+VeL39tuRx4UOwscQ0A+PcSvzgvTe+mfLOqcsKoCTI=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ping is based on ICMP.

 TCP (UDP) services might fail to reach the host.
 Failure of cheksum offloading on the second host may be the first example.
 But here it doesn't seem to be the case.
"tcpdump" on Xen host may help after issue comes up.
 See what happens to ssh packages when they arrive.

Boris.