[Xen-devel] domain id number on xen unstable

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] domain id number on xen unstable
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:20:30 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:20:55 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=WVhqUr3x5edIuOpM0CtYwkeXuPYMnzpkabaCnX8FzHg=; b=Y03dvzcZy93dEOCQZChnrTswA+dyJLTorKNrptzAhNP5DaJpqEjNMZxg3M+lFj0vJY aXJhy7IQgPFLYY9ITsSKxeaoGSkpSInhgX3bp5qGo8xdrr9bfzUVzAtUi5Kt3OuB52WW nfeZAXAhuSSxbGzEkNsKJREDQ1WkVxw/KtwbU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Has anybody noticed that the domain id number seems to increment more
than usual on xen unstable? the first domU that I start gets id 2,
after a reboot its id 4, etc etc.

I am also having some problems with "xm create" taking a very long
time and sometimes failing because devices are still in use or
"hotplug scripts are not responding", where I am using file backed
block devices the loop device is sometimes left connected after the
domain is shutdown, i have to losetup -d to remove it before i can
start the domain again.

Perhaps its related..

Andy