Re: [Xen-devel] Design document of Kemari

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 01:48:22AM +0900, Yoshiaki Tamura wrote:

> I believe Kemari and Remus shares a lot in common.
> Stephen and Ian have described both Kemari and Remus on the roadmap
> document, and that might help for quick review.
>
> http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/12/08/xen-roadmap-document-2/
>
> In short, Kemari transfers the guest VM on event-driven, while Remus
> transfers on specific interval.

Thanks. Do you have performance numbers? It sounds like your approach is
intended to give lower I/O response latencies, but Remus will give
better throughput with high I/O load as it doesn't sync on every single
outgoing I/O.

If both projects are indeed headed for the tree, people are going to
need some ideas of which to use...

regards
 john