Re: [Xen-devel] Xen with dom0 pvops on ultra-recent "git tip" kernel on

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:28:08AM +0100, Christophe Saout wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> > > this still occurs.  So far I havent been able to get the full crash
> > > since I can't scroll, but from what I have on the screen it is hitting
> > > the BUG() in arch/x86/include/asm/mmu_context_64.h in switch_mm:
> >
> > I caught one with netconsole, it always seems to be the same (happening
> > in different places though):
> >
> > ------------[ cut here ]------------
> > kernel BUG at /home/chtephan/linux/arch/x86/include/asm/mmu_context_64.h:35!
>
> Bryan Donlan bisected 2.6.29-rc1 and found that reverting commit
> e97a630eb0f5b8b380fd67504de6cedebb489003 solves the problem (for me
> too).
>
> So, to summarize:
>
> On my notebook (Core 2 Duo, SMP):
> - 2.6.29-rc1 tip (with a lot of patch fiddling)
> - dom0 working stable (AFAICT)
> - CONFIG_EVICATBLE_LRU causes problems in exit_mmap
> - CONFIG_PREEMPT seems generally broken with Xen
> - AHCI works on SMP, has IRQ problem on UP
> - all other hardware works
> - X server won't come up (problem in "vgahw" init.), no BUG or Oops

Nice work with finding the bugs!

Does VGA console work for you in the pv_ops dom0 kernel?

I haven't been able to get it work.. serial console works OK for me.

If it works for you, could you please post your grub.conf and kernel config?
What Xen version are you using?

-- Pasi