Re: [Xen-devel] Xen with dom0 pvops on ultra-recent "git tip" kernel on

Hi again (and a nice Sunday),

SUCCESS!!! (at least partially)

Ok, turns out that Xen pv_ops generelly seems currently broken with
PREEMPT enabled, that was my problem here, also in vanilla 2.6.28 and
this was the cause for my weird scheduler crashes.

So I just went to PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY and that is out of the way.

Now I actually got my kernel with dom0 patches to boot, pass through the
initramfs (dm-crypt and LVM setup), boot the rootfs and start to boot.

However, after one page of output it then Oopses somewhere during
fsck.reiserfs in "grap_swap_tokens".  Again, I am not sure if this is
dom0 related or could also happen in a domU (looks like I will need to
find a bootable rootfs for domU).

The interesting thing, however is, that all the hardware initialisation
seems to be just fine so far.  Most notably, my harddisk and CDROM (an
AHCI controller for the HD and an old-style IDE controller for the
CDROM).

The AHCI has problems being detected if I use "nosmp", then it
apparently fails to route the IRQ, but with smp it works.

I have put the kernel git here for anyone interested:

http://cvs.saout.de/gitweb/?p=linux-dom0-pvops.git;a=summary

(note that the commits with the filenames are the patches
 from patches.hg, eventually with modifications and there
 are also a few commits with fixes afterwards which I have
 not all merged into the original patches)

Cheers,
        Christophe