Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:50:53 -0500
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Aviv Grafi <aviv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:51:44 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=eXCdnAnl3yHXISTJeusgDpEGRyG4K3DN8+ZIhuUCEsM=; b=YsuXcD1Df3bfziPwdJYjW+9RuU1r40wb7D4yYlP7fPObv2pdxPiVm1BfX0cwvLzRrH zWGSNNq/0VkgswREAcc1JE3xSu8joZu/tFQXWMmIL8MwqY+4F1h6p+mffBh4itf1i0J3 h5URKP4qTs1TTNWXNJW2H3e5oWpEf5LA5ilxs=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Well, for a start, disable MSI for now (pci=nomsi on the kernel command
> line).  I haven't done any MSI support yet.
>
> In the nosmp boot, something seems amiss with interrupt routing.  nomsi may
> help there as well, but I'll need to have a closer look at the code to work
> out what's really going wrong here.  Hm, its probably:
> [    0.000000] ACPI: Skipping IOAPIC probe due to 'noapic' option.
>
> I guess nosmp implies noapic?  Anyway, we don't do well without ioapics at
> present...

The pci=nomsi helped a lot.

I have booting (at least almost)

Again two logs attached. This time the without nosmp does better.

Gets to a checking battery state line then it seems to stop.

The nosmp does the same as last time, a initramfs prompt followed by
ATA trying...

I will try to disable some of the init scripts or try single user mode to
see if I can get a normal prompt.

Might not have much time to work on it over the next couple days...

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane