[Xen-devel] Question about time measure in Guest Windows

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question about time measure in Guest Windows
From: XuNanxuan <nanxuan_xu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 06:44:55 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:45:20 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi:

I intend to use RDTSC to make some time tests in Xen guest WinXP. However, from Intel Developer's Manual I noticed that RDTSC will cause VMExit if "RETSC exiting" VM-Execution control field is 1. So I wonder: How to query VM-Execution control field in a programmable way?

BTW: On Intel Developer's Manual, it mentioned a method using IA32_VMX_PROCBASED_CTLS MSR, but this is just to report which bits can be set on processor-based VM-EXECUTION controls, rather than telling you the content of this structure.

Thanks!

MSN保护盾,十八般武艺保障MSN安全! 现在就下载!