Re: [Xen-devel] PV Grub Questions

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PV Grub Questions
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:51:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:51:57 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=0CzWBRzEr9a08ov23h5WWhPSnDNTxkT087va2jrz5TY=; b=Uby8Tl/1lrTMclrUG6a9MyA8NIls3xKCb7hmdnXR64Yl5YR+kUrNwsNB5IeydbX9TY Sb34rbbhe048Z6AZDdtTfKVb6okrB2cpPboVEDT0Gj29uaX1gDqKCDCieeoQZWNk8h21 ogyvaHhdGlHJrRFso3PL5PAUxp81jxANJKA28=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26/8/08 20:57, "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> root (hd0,1)
>> setup (hd0)
>> boot (or quit)
>>
>> In this case however setup and quit are unknown commands.
>> Is that expected?
>
> Aren't setup and quit only available when running grub as a utility rather
> than in bootloader mode? setup is the command which installs the grub
> bootloader program, and quit exits the utility -- neither makes sense from
> the bootloader command line (which is the mode in which pvgrub runs).

Well I have run those many times on broken physical systems to get them
to boot, but it is not an essential feature for PV GRUB, I'm just trying to get
it to work in general. I was just trying any way in that I could.

Cheers,
Todd