RE: [Xen-devel] Passing a grant reference to another domain!

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Passing a grant reference to another domain!
From: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:21:04 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Daniel Stodden <stodden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:22:41 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Mark, the Xenbus drivers you're talking about are for a paravirtualized
kernel. Any idea if these are being ported onto an HVM? If not grant references
can be passed around in HVMs using TCP connects?

Assuming I'm accesing XS from an HVM or PV guest, for guest A to read a grant
reference from guest B's xenstored dictionary path it will need to know the
domain ID of B. There's no way of assigning specific or known domainID while VM
creation. So how will they each know what their respective domain IDs are to go
and read each others' grant references from a known key?

Bhaskar.