[Xen-devel] Xen hotplug question & issue

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen hotplug question & issue
From: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:05:32 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:06:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm on a stock Xen 3.2.1 running on Centos 5.2. Can someone give me a pointer
to where in the Xend code I should start to debug an issue with hotplugging. In
short, my block-* script doesn't get called on my Centos 5.2 installation but
it DOES get called on a SuSE installation. I've adapted the script to work
under Centos, but I can show with debugging that it is never run and no lines
are added to the xen-hotplug.log.

In this case, I'm playing with iscsi and my device path is iscsi://IQN instead
of phy:. I'm expecting it to register the device with the
/etc/xen/scripts/block-iscsi script, but it never appears to do so. I don't
know what and where that script is being called, so I've been unable to track
down what is going on.

I'm going to keep digging through the code until I find my problem, but any
pointers that might tell me the right places to look are appreciated.

Joe Pranevich