Re: [Xen-devel] Almost working iSCSI booting, need advice

To: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Almost working iSCSI booting, need advice
From: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:04:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
----- "Stefan de Konink" <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope you don't cry now, but I'm not using any bootloader :) I really
>
> can't see the use for it. Actually I have *two* kernels now, but the
> only thing my users see is an linux-2.6 as kernel in their config.

So I can reproduce it, how do you have it configured then? I'm not familiar
with a sans-bootloader configuration.

> Not only the best way, the only way you can *safely* hide your storage
> from the domU's.

My specific application doesn't need the security. I'm using this for legacy
applications, not untrusted users. I probably wouldn't be using paravirt if I
wanted that level of security, but I'm not sure how the big ISPs do it.

Joe