RE: [Xen-devel] Xen not getting out of S3

To: "Ron Reiter" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen not getting out of S3
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:11:52 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:12:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did you have serial connected to your box, and any outputs? How do you identify no devices back to work, from screen? If your graphics gets some issue after S3 resume, you may not be able to identify the resume progress... Does 'ping' still work after S3 resume?

Which Xen version in your case?

For Xen case, is there any difference among console, VESA X, ...?

Could you trigger sleep directly by using "echo mem > /sys/power/state"?

If your bios has some option like "VGA repost after S3", you may enable it to see difference.

Also SMP/UP difference can be tried which was once mentioned by somebody (not sure who, but just in my memory. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin