Re: [Xen-devel] Will Xen support PCI add-on card for serial ports?

To: Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Will Xen support PCI add-on card for serial ports?
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:10:32 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:10:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 13/7/08 01:57, "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks a lot! Could you give an Xen command line example?

com1=115200,8n1,0xc00,5 console=com1

...would set up console output at 115200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1
stop bit. The I/O-port base for the UART has been determined to be 0xc00,
and the UART interrupts on IRQ line 5.

> BTW, do you know which PCI card can be supported by Xen?

No, I only have experience (and even that only a little) with unbranded
generic PCI serial cards.

 -- Keir