Re: [Xen-devel] VCPU cores & sockets

To: Ben Guthro <bguthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] VCPU cores & sockets
From: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:44:45 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:46:44 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ben Guthro wrote:
Before I get to entrenched in the ACPI code - I thought I'd ping the community to make sure nobody else has investigated this already -

Can we present cores vs sockets for guest VCPUs?
Right now, the number of total processors can be specified, but can we specify cores per socket?

I see this potentially being an hvmloader function, as part of its acpi build code.
Could this be accomplished more generally?

Ben,

This already exists, It's supported via a CPUID configuration.
Right now there are just some comments in the xmexample.hvm file.

I think it would be better to have an entry in the config file like you suggest. I will work on that.

Cheers,

--
Jean Guyader