[Xen-devel] Re: Large system boot problems

To: Bill Burns <bburns@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Large system boot problems
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:04:23 +0000
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:05:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/2/08 13:49, "Bill Burns" <bburns@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking for ideas or suggestions on how to solve this issue.
> Ideally we'd be able to prevent the bogus calculation in the
> first place.

Could the bad value coming from calibration in init_pit_and_calibrate_tsc(),
or perhaps it is somehow caused perhaps by not-frequent-enough softirq
handling on CPU0 as it brings up all the secondary CPUs (and hence it is not
going through local_time_calibration() during that period)?

 -- Keir