Re: [Xen-devel] Grant Tables between dom0 and domU?

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Grant Tables between dom0 and domU?
From: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:49:22 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:47:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi
I try to read the granttable code of xen,I am confused about some fields
in the struct grant_table,such as struct grant_entry **shared; struct active_grant_entry **active; struct grant_mapping **maptrack;
what are the functions for the three structures ?
in the grant_table_create() function,each entry of three structures is
allocated a page frame,is it right?
if it is,when we try to use a grant page ,three pages are needed to be
allocated for matadata,or how does it work?

I am confused about it

could you help me
Thanks in advance

Mark Williamson 写道:
Subsequent lines suggest mechanism sharing between only unpriviliged
domains.

Can grant tables be used for this capability based shared memory
communication between dom0 and domUs?

Yes, using grant tables is an unprivileged operation so any domain can use it (well, HVM is limited in this respect) - dom0 and domU can share memory if appropriate.

This is used by the split Io drivers, etc.

Cheers,
Mark