RE: [Xen-devel] A different probklem with save/restore on C/S 14823.

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Deegan" <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] A different probklem with save/restore on C/S 14823.
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:47:02 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:45:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See my other reply, although you may have a point about mapping - my
guest is running with the HVMloaders map, which probably maps all memory
available to guest linearly, including address zero (as that's where
real-mode puts the interrupt vector table, which can be useful to have
mapped - just a little bit ;-) ).

So maybe we need an earlier/different test to kill guest? Or do you
think this is such a critical error that hypervisor should die?

--
Mats