Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Accounting in Credit Scheduler

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Accounting in Credit Scheduler
From: rahul gundecha <rahoolgundecha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:43:58 +0100 (BST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:42:44 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thanks alot Diwaker & Mike from your kind replies.. I will go through sched_credit.c as well..

regards,
-Rahul

Diwaker Gupta <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One more curiousity is how often a timer routine is called & how often scheduling code? It may be configurable interval as well, but then whats default value.
> I guess timer is called more frequently & call to scheduling routine is made less frquently and is called from timer itself.
>
> Can I get pointer to some reference where I will get to know how exactly this mechanism works. May be digging through code will be expensive option so I want to avoid it for a moment.

Your best bet is to study the code. The scheduler code is fairly
readable. IIRC, the accounting code happens in two parts -- every
10ms, measurements are made, but only every 30ms the measurements are
used to update accounting information. Read xen/common/sched_credit.c

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog

-Rahooooooooooooooool...
exceptions are most common things to happen.....