Re: [Xen-devel] pxe support

To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pxe support
From: Sven Oehme <oehmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:21:04 +0100
Cc: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 02:20:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for the info, i will have a look at least from the posting it looks like what i am looking for ..

Sven

Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/18/07 11:01 AM

Sven Oehme/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
cc
Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [Xen-devel] pxe support

At 10:38 +0100 on 18 Jan (1169116728), Sven Oehme wrote:
> ok, that explains why it is not working with my PV guest.
> are there plans to add this function to PV guests as well

I don't know if anyone is working on it.  It shouldn't be too hard to
put together some DHCP and TFTP clients to fake it out.
Jacob Gorm Hansen's got a project to do some in-domain bootloading for
PV guests, which might do what you need:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-01/msg00134.html

Cheers,

Tim.